Followers

Total Pageviews

Every Mothers Dream, by Paula Rose Michelson

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Once in a very great while, I find myself living what seems like a dream for I know children seldom give their mothers accolades or written affirmations of who they are or what they do outside of their motherly role. When I sent the first volume of the Casa Saga to my daughter in Illinois, I expected none. I was fairly certain she didn’t have time to read the novel since she and her husband, Matt had just begin a Budget Blinds business and she’d given birth to her fourth child in six years! When I spoke with her weeks after I’d sent her Casa de Naomi: The House of Blessing, Book One, I discovered the book had been buried under a pile of mail, which wasn’t a surprise given her busy life. Shortly afterward what did surprise and amaze me was reading her Facebook posts about the novel and discovering she’d decided to read a chapter each night. A few posts later, she mentioned enjoying the read! Then her friends, especially those who know me, began asking her about the book. And finally on a glorious Sunday morning, I got a phone call every mother-author would love! It began, “Mom! What did you do!” If Cheryl hadn’t told me she’d stayed up till 2 a.m. reading my book until it was finished, I would have thought I was in trouble. Instead, I was being lauded! 

Later that day, I check to see how Casa was doing on Amazon, I read:

“I couldn’t put it down! I was given Casa de Naomi: The House of Blessing, Book One as a gift. When I finally found a free moment, I picked it up and was blown away! The story drew me in. I found myself thinking about the characters throughout the day. I looked forward to reading it each night. I even read until 2:00 a.m. one night because I just couldn’t put it down! The story stayed with me for weeks as found myself remembering little pieces here and there. My only complaint was that the book ended! I cannot wait to read Casa de Naomi: The House of Blessing, Book Two and find out what happens next!” —Cheryl Henrikson

This wonderful, thrilling, amazing moment continues to affirm my work, and now that I’ve sent Cheryl a prerelease copy of Book Two, I’ll have the added pleasure of hearing from one of my favorite readers once she’s read that book!


Your author inscribed copies of Casa de Naomi: The House of Blessing, Book One and/or pre-purchase of Book Two wrapped for holiday gifting can be purchased from
www.PaulaWordsmith.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment